Date & Writers Revisions
What does it do?
Want to see the changes your collaborator made the other day? Easily view their, all, or even your revisions made on a specific day, even down to the minute. You can also collect these changes into a new or existing tracked revision.
View a Revision by Date & Writer
- Select Revisions > Date & Writers
- Select the desired date(s).
- Slide the toggle on each date to set the desired time range.
- Check the box next to the desired writer(s).
- Leaving the boxes unchecked will bring up all revisions made during the selected date/time range.
- As needed, check or uncheck the option for Show deleted text.
- Select View
- Any revisions will appear in color text with an * (asterisk) in the right margin.
- If deleted text is marked as visible, it will appear in red with a line through it.
Create or Add to a Revision
This will create a revision for this date/time range, or add the revisions from this date/time range to an existing revision.
- View revisions by date and writer
- In the Modes widget, select Mark
- Select New revision or an existing revision
- As desired, check or uncheck Switch to revision
- If enabled, this will switch you from Date & Writers mode to View & Track Revisions mode
- If disabled, you will remain in Date & Writers mode
- Select Add marks
Date & Writers mode in the Modes widget
Add revision marks options
You can export revised pages only or export the full document with revisions visible.
- View the revisions you would like to see
- Revisions must be visible on the page in order to be included in the export
- Go to File > Export
- Select the desired file format
- Select the desired Options.
- See Export a Document for more info